coffee with my Pastor


This week I met with my Pastor and presented the concept of "little church".

Here's some of the comments I found particularly helpful:

"This makes complete sense in relation to what you've been doing with 'Junktion Church' and is not too different to what Edwin is doing." (Edwin is on staff at our big church, reaching out to international students and families)

"I love the language you're using, and would be interested in how it translates for people who are outside church circles -- why don't you test it out?"

"As good as the ideas are, they are just ideas without a workable example -- which is where Junktion Church comes in ... how can we help you with next steps?"

I shared how we're doing a planning session this weekend and will know more after that, but I flagged the desires to share the Junktion Church story with our big church family and increase proximity to the big church while maintaining a distinctive approach (which includes the idea of me participating in church staff meetings, etc).

He was open to both of the suggestions -- so it's onto our planning session this weekend. :)


NEXT: OUR STORY 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts